Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fresh Start

Who says January 1st is the only day for a fresh start? Today is the first day of school for my little loves and everything is new for them, so why not for me too? New teachers, new school clothes, new schedule… it’s time for a fresh start. I have a new sense of vision and passion, more energy, and an overall feeling of optimism and expectation. I love the Fall and I’m thankful for a fresh start! I am reminded that God’s mercies are new every morning. We don’t just get one chance to be forgiven, then if we mess up after that we’re abandoned. But, God gives us fresh starts everyday, and He is faithful to renew our strength, vision and passion to accomplish His purposes in this world. Tonight I’m sitting down to set some goals for this school year. I want to be intentional with my time and relationships. What areas of your life need to be refreshed? Today is a new day. God’s mercies are new. Let Him put a new song in your mouth and take advantage this fresh start.

P.S. One goal I’ve already set is to blog every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Since my life is “not my own,” I’m sure there will be days with a sick child, or sick Moma that means blogging is not on the radar! This was my original goal in blogging and throughout the Summer, I’ve drifted in and out. But with this fresh start, I’m back at it!

2 comments:

  1. Those precious babes were 10 months old when we met y'all. I can't believe how quickly they've grown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, completely tragic! And to think there is another who is 18 months and a wild man!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...