Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Healer

“Mommy, can God heal my boo boo?” This is a question I’ve heard a lot lately. And then, when the band aid comes off, “Look Mommy, God healed my boo boo!” They ask about God’s healing all the time. “If I go to school and get sick, can God heal me?” I know my girls have heard a lot about God’s healing in Sunday School, through the stories of Jesus healing the blind man, the man that couldn’t walk and so on. I love that they’ve heard about God’s healing, and now they want to know if He can heal them too. How wonderful that little minds take words out of the Bible, and immediately translate them into their own personal story. They want to receive the same gifts from God, the same miracles, the same healing. Am I that eager to receive what God has to offer? Do I believe that his powerful miracles are for me too? Do I ask for God to heal me in every little hurt that comes my way, as well as the big ones? He is Jehova Rapha, the God who heals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...