Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Now What?

I can remember it like it was yesterday. It was almost 4 weeks exactly after they were  born that we got to bring the girls home from the hospital. The nurses didn’t want to let them go and cuddled them all the way out to our car. They had their precious white outfits on from Auntie Sheena (preemie size that were way too big!), handmade pink hats from Auntie Ashley, and ruffley white blankets handmade by Grammie – they were my tiny dolls! We loaded them into their giant car seats and drove 10 mph the whole way home! I remember bringing the car seats into our home, setting them down, and thinking “now what?” What do you do with two tiny newborn babies? Yesterday as I drove my children to the beach (don’t worry, it’s pouring rain today, so don’t be envious non-California friends!) I was thinking that it was 3 days after Christmas; 3 days after Jesus was born. Was Mary thinking, “now what?” I’ve got this new baby, no home to live in, a new husband, strangers all around me wanting to give my baby gifts, how long will this go on? When a new baby (or babies) enters our life, we are forced to grapple with a few questions, one being, “now what?” What should I do with this baby? What is my role? What changes are going to occur in my life as a result? What does this look like on a daily basis? When Jesus was born, I’m sure some of those questions ran through Mary’s mind. But, when Jesus was born, we all were forced to answer the question, “now what?” What am I going to do with this baby? What changes will occur in my life because of Him? It’s up to us. We choose to be impacted by the birth of Jesus or not. He does not force His love on us. He offers and lets us choose. So, what’s your response? Now what

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written. I choose to love Him. I love the fact that He gives us the answer though he says "choose life". If you choose to love Him you are choosing LIFE!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...