Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Chosen

Each year at Christmas my mom would dress up me and my brother and any neighborhood kids that were around in bathrobes, scarves, belts… and we’d act out the story of Jesus’ birth in Bethlehem. I remember loving to play the part of Mary! All I ever wanted as a little girl was to be a Mommy one day, so it was fun to pretend. About 5 years ago I remember sitting in a church service at Christmas time, unable to button my pants because the twin baby girls inside of me were starting to take over! The pastor was talking about Mary, how God had chosen her to be the mother of God. God had found favor in her and although she was scared, she was honored to be chosen and willing to play the part. At that moment, in the midst of my fears of having two babies at once, an overwhelming feeling of joy came over me as I too felt chosen by God to take on this special role as a mother of twins. I was so honored that God chose me to have 2 babies. I think the Joy of Christmas is that we all have been chosen to be sons and daughters of God. That is why Jesus was born; so that we could know God and be in relationship with Him. We all have been chosen to do great things for God’s glory. Are we fully experiencing the joy that comes from being a child of God with great purpose? This holiday season, know that you are chosen, desired and loved by the Creator. Accept your role as a chosen Child of God.
*My friend wrote a great script for children to act out the birth narrative of Jesus. Check it out here.

2 comments:

  1. Love this. Were you ever around to hear "How Many Angels" at UPC? It's my favorite song to listen to at Christmas - check it out.

    "Telling me I am beloved, and telling me never to fear..." I cry every time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...