Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Observe

I took baby boy on a little walk in the gusty wind today to enjoy the Fall leaves. The little dude has given up his stroller, so walks aren’t as enjoyable for me because he doesn’t really walk – it’s more like: step, stop. Step, stop. Step, stop! But today something really struck me. For 20 months now we’ve gone on little walks everyday and his 4 ½ year old sisters have their funny routines at almost each house where they walk on the retaining wall, hide by the side gate and say, “Mommy, say ‘where’s Georgia?’,” stop to touch the lamb’s ears, say hi to Mr. & Mrs. Tree and so on. Today, out of his stroller, the little man followed their routine almost down to pressing on the last tree knot to see if a magic door opened! He’s been observing and paying closer attention than I had thought for 20 months and now he has mastered all the quirks of our walk! I was amazed! These little people are so observant, it’s almost scary. What are they learning from observing me? Like I said last post, “more is caught than taught.”
“In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:16 I pray that as my children observe every little detail of my life, it causes them to turn towards God and praise Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...