Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Help

It’s one of those days. After being woken up 6 times last night by little people, I knew today was going to be rough. The dishes are piled up, laundry room is stacked, toys are scattered everywhere, 2 little ladies are having a rather loud “quiet” time, and the little dude hasn’t decided yet whether he will nap or not. I don’t feel physically tired, but every other part of me says otherwise. My temper is short, I’m annoyed, unmotivated and in this moment I’d like to get in my car and drive to the ocean and just cry for a bit. Today really isn’t that different from every other day – dishes, laundry, toys, kids being kids… But today I’m different, so everything seems wrong. Today all I can think of is myself and what I want. But I will not get it. Amazing how attitude and perspective change everything. I have a choice in this moment – to carry on in my own strength and lack of it! Or simply say, “God, help.” I know the outcome of both options – one will lead to a screaming Mommy, crying children, and regret. The other will lead to a miracle as God hears the cry of His daughter and comes to rescue her. I choose to cry out to you for help. Amen.
PS – the little dude is sleeping, girls are quiet, and already my Help has come.
“I lift my eyes to the hills – where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.” Psalm 121:1,2

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...