Monday, October 4, 2010

All Things New

Several years ago I was at a place in my life where I was broken and worn out. I was struggling in my job, my heart was broken from an ended relationship, I felt lonely and confused and my prayer was that God would make all things new in me. I needed to be refreshed, healed, redeemed and made new. God was very faithful to do all of those things in ways that I never thought possible. He gave me a new job, a new home, a new city to live in, new friends, and best of all a new heart that was whole. Yesterday I was reminded of God’s promise to us when we first decide to follow Him,
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone,
the new has come!” 2 Corinthians 5:17
The “new has come” part reminded me of that broken season. When we are followers of Jesus, His newness comes over and over again throughout our lives. Sure, we are transformed on the day we first believe in Jesus and decide to give our life to Him, but the transformation continues until we see Him face to face. In order to be made new, we must let go of the old things in our life – old habits, old ways, old excuses, maybe some old relationships. Are there any areas of your life that need to be made new? Are you willing to let go of old ways? We are loved by the One True God and He longs for us to experience life to the full and He does that by making all things new in us.
Be blessed by this song (click play).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...