Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Laugh A Little

I can’t believe it’s been a year today that my Grandma has been gone.  How did a whole year already fly by?  The past few days I’ve been looking back at photos of my Grandmother, wishing I had a lot more, wishing we didn’t live so far away, wishing I could have visited more, yet trying to simply enjoy what I have.  My Grandmother had the most amazing laugh.  I mean that deep down, can’t catch your breath, tears rolling down your face, crazy laugh!  She would start laughing so hard and you couldn’t help but laugh too, even if you had no idea what she was laughing about!  My aunt and my mom have been gifted with that same laugh and when the three of them got together – look out!  I have to be honest, I’ve always been envious of that laugh.  I consider myself a “tough laugh.”  I find many things funny, but not many things get me laughing out loud.  There is something so life giving about laughter.  It’s almost a victorious statement over the trials and tears of life.  Is it silly to pray for more laughter in my life?  I don’t know, but I’m going to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...