Friday, June 17, 2011

Yummy Summer - Little Plum Lanterns

I thought it would be fun to use up the glass jars that we empty this summer and make Little Plum Lanterns.

What you'll need:
Used, empty glass jars – cleaned and labels removed
Glass paint, Paint brushes, Floral wire, Tea lights

After washing our empty pizza sauce jar and olive jar I gave my girls the paints and
told them to do polka dots in the colors of their choice.

As more jars become available, I’m going to change the instructions to stripes or hearts…
When they dried I wrapped wire around the top and made a big loop to hang it from.
In our back yard we have a lovely Plum Tree and all summer long we’re going to add Little Plum Lanterns to it and enjoy the night time glow! 

And at the end of the summer, we can recycle our lanterns and make new ones next year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yummy Summer is a weekly project to share our summertime ideas.
Join the fun:
1. post your fabulous idea for a summertime craft, day trip, activity, tip, recipe… you name it!
And add the Yummy Summer Button to your post
Not a blogger? No worries – leave your idea as a comment below.
2. Link up your blog post
3. check out all the Yummy Summer ideas and adopt a few for your family

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea. I love this. I'm trying to think where I could hang some. I have lots of trees but none really with low branches. Putting my brain in gear to figure out where else I could use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I LOVE this!!! We have a beautiful plum tree, too, and a lovely Crepe Myrtle right over our patio. This will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...