Here’s the scoop:
1. Buy a blank book for your child. This can be a sketch book that you get at an art supply store or a blank journal.
2. after a fun summer day (could be a day at the zoo, beach, or simply a day at home) have your child draw a picture of their favorite part of their day.
*If your children are older, they can take photos and assembly a scrapbook of their summer
3. Have your child tell you what was their favorite part of the day and if they cannot write yet, you write what they say on their picture.
4. Select a verse from the Bible that corresponds to the picture your child drew. For example, my daughter drew a picture of a giraffe from our trip to the zoo, so we picked a verse from Genesis when God created the animals.
5. now for the best part! Use your picture, photo, and verse to thank God for your special day and what you loved most in it.
Yummy Summer is a weekly project to share our summertime ideas.
Join the fun:
1. post your fabulous idea for a summertime craft, day trip, activity, tip, recipe… you name it!
And add the Yummy Summer Button to your post
Not a blogger? No worries – leave your idea as a comment below.
2. Link up your blog post
3. check out all the Yummy Summer ideas and adopt a few for your family