Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Blueberries

Tis the Season!
We had a grand adventure to our local farm to pick blueberries.  This year we got a surprise – raspberries too!  We have more than we know what to do with, but have made all sorts of delicious treasures thus far!  My favorite was the blueberry coffeecake.  I don’t know if there is anything better than fresh summer fruit.






As we picked an abundance of berries I thought of God’s word to us that if we remain in Him, we will bear much fruit.  I love the earthy lessons our Lord gives.  It’s not too difficult to understand these words when walking through rows of beautiful fruit growing on the bushes they are connected to.  The closer we are to God, the deeper we are connected, the more fruitful our lives will be.


4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
John 15:4-8
Some of our creations have been:
Blueberry Syrup over waffles
1/2 c. fresh blueberries
1/2 c. water
1/2 tsp. lemon zest
2 tsp. lemon juice
2 heaping Tbsp. sugar
cook in sauce pan on low until berries start to pop open and it thickens

Blueberry Mint Lemonade


What are your favorite berry recipes?

1 comment:

  1. I love berry picking, even though I don't really like to eat berries. Actually, correction... strawberries are my favorite food in the world, but all other berries are gross to me. Is that weird?! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...