Monday, September 5, 2011

Kindergarten & Zucchini Bread

I mentioned that our family is going through some big changes in this season - this is one of the biggest Kindergarten!
This girl needs some schooling!
 They are now Brookside Tigers
And yes, I cried!
I'm grateful that a little boy from Sunday School recognized the girls so now I know there is another Christian family in their class.  And this will be the first year our girls are in the same class - we originally asked for them to be separated (like they have been through pre-school) and they made a mistake and put them together.  We went to change the mistake and took a moment to consider the option of them being together and felt peace that this was God's provision for me (I won't have to juggle 2 classes), and for them now that they are in a bigger public school, leaving our precious, private, Christian school.  God is good.  He is faithful.  And I'm looking forward to what this year will bring in the form of new ministry for our family.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ooops, I forgot to give you the recipe I promised!
This Zucchini Bread is amazing - my favorite recipe yet!

3 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup water
2 cups grated zucchini
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 cup chopped pecans

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine oil, eggs, water, zucchini and lemon juice. Mix wet ingredients into dry, add nuts and fold in. Bake in 2 standard loaf pans, sprayed with nonstick spray, for 1 hour, or until a tester comes out clean. Alternately, bake in 5 mini loaf pans for about 45 minutes

2 comments:

  1. ahh! they're adorable!!!
    and i tried my first taste of zucchini bread yesterday! so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote down the recipe... I LOVE zucchini bread! The girls look so adorable all ready for school! Let me know how you like them being together. We're trying to decide when twins start preschool next year- together or separate!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...