Friday, September 9, 2011

Freedom & Joy

Isn’t this picture magical? My son just released a rocket balloon into the sky at his buddy’s birthday party! I just love the complete look of freedom and joy on his face as he let go. Hmmm… letting go… that brings joy and freedom… I keep mentioning that my family is experiencing some changes right now and I’m learning to let go. It’s not something that I’m good at. I’m really good at holding onto my plans, my schedule, my ideas and my ways. One of the biggest changes in our lives right now is that my husband was promoted and with that new promotion he received a new work schedule. He now works Friday, Saturday and Sunday on the graveyard shift! Which means I’m a single Moma all weekend long. And during the weekdays, Daddy is around to help and, um, well, do things a little differently than I do! I’m trying really hard to let go and find joy and freedom in this new season with my new weekday helper! It might take me awhile as I struggle to let go of control. I hope my husband is as patient with me as God is. How long have I struggled with letting go my plans, my ways, my ideas and trusting God? It’s a constant struggle. But I’ve seen Him prove faithful time and again and when I completely surrender to Him all that I have and all that I am, I experience true freedom and joy. Happy Weekend!
*I hope you’ll join me on Monday for my first post in the Intentional Family series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...