Wednesday, January 13, 2016

What Would You Do If You Won?


The question has been swirling around the water cooler this week:
"What would you do if you won $1.5 Billion?"

We pulled into a gas station on Sunday and I couldn't resist, I just had to be part of the hype!
So I ran in and purchased 3 tickets.
You've gotta play to win!!
***
I had coffee with some friends yesterday and we discussed the possibilities of $1.5 billion!
My girlfriend said it feels like a mental vacation just to ponder the possibilities!
Isn't that true?

"Immediate purchase, impulse, you just won, what are you immediately going to buy?"

Whereas we all agreed that we'd settle down and wait awhile before doing anything major,
 we still all had that one thing we'd purchase right away.
Mine was a Hawaiian vacation that we've been dreaming about for a few years, but just can't pull it off.  I wouldn't think twice, I'd pick up the phone and book the trip without hesitation or regret.
"I'd buy my mom a house."
"I'd buy a new wardrobe."
My husband said he'd go buy the new Corvette!

I just can't imagine getting to completely buy whatever I want!
In some ways it would bring great peace to be financially set for life.

My girlfriend said not having to worry about money or anything again, to be secure, 
would be the best part of winning. 
It was ironic because just that morning I had read,
"The most common myth about money is that having more will make me more secure.  It won't.  Wealth can be lost instantly through a variety of uncontrollable factors.  Real security can only be found in that which can never be taken from you - your relationship with God."
-Rick Warren from The Purpose Driven Life

No words could be more true as we did lose our wealth instantly through an uncontrollable factor - 
I lost 2 of the lottery tickets!
Yep.
Somehow one is still in my purse and the others are not!
So tonight as those balls swirl around and land at random (or fate) at the winning numbers,
and you just so happen to be holding a ticket you "found,"
and all of your numbers line up...
after you wake up from passing out, please go book yourself a trip to Hawaii in honor of the one who purchased that ticket for you!  While you're there, I hope you meet Jesus who will give you life long security, come what may!

(and honey, I'm sorry.  I'll buy you a Corvette one day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...