Friday, March 30, 2012

The Simple Life

"STOP trying to work things out before their times have come.  Accept the limitations of living one day at a time.  When something comes to your attention, ask Me whether or not it is a part of today's agenda.  If it isn't, release it into My care and go on about today's duties.  When you follow this practice, there will be a beautiful simplicity about your life: a time for everything, and everything in its time.
A life lived close to Me is not complicated or cluttered.  When your focus is on My Presence, many things that once troubled you lose their power over you.  Though the world around you is messy and confusing, remember that I have overcome the world.  I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have Peace."
Jesus Calling
A simple morning of Hot Wheels with my son was on the agenda the other day.
I didn't clutter up my time with doing laundry in between races, dishes after track changes, or phone calls while it was his turn.  We just sat and played and it was so fulfilling. 
Why don't I do that more often?
Happy Weekend!
I'll see you Monday for another Make Out Monday date night challenge for the month of April!

2 comments:

  1. Why don't we all do that more often? It always feels so fun and life-giving to have really (the undivided attention kind of really) played with our children. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids used to do this all the time--attaching the Hot Wheels track to every thing in sight. Wonderful memories you made that day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...