Monday, August 2, 2010

Abundance

I was recently at my neighbor’s house for dinner when I saw their amazing, abundant peach tree. I was envious from the start and asked if they were loving the peaches? She kinda shrugged her shoulders as if to say, “not really.” A few hours later I couldn’t get the plethora of fruit off my mind and starting to grow a bit too envious, so I asked her if she’d be interested in making peach jam? Much to my joy she thought it sounded like fun and we made a date! This is in no reflection of my sweet neighbors whom I love dearly, but I got to thinking of the abundance we have in our lives. It may be in the form of money, time, talents, gifts… what are we doing with the abundance we’ve been given? Are we overwhelmed by the responsibility? Are we sitting idly, ignoring the possibilities? Are we wasting life waiting for just the right moment to share? Or are we giving what we’ve been given to enhance the life of another? God has blessed each one of His children with an abundance for us to use to bless others. If you don’t know what do to with the abundance God has given to you, ask a friend to make some suggestions. They just might have a great idea of what to do with the abundance you have – something you’ve never though of like making "jam"! I am blessed to have several jars of divine peach jam in my home because of the abundance that my neighbors shared.

1 comment:

  1. Man, do I miss California fruit. Can you share your peach jam recipe? As for a great dinner recipe, I'll give you a two-fer. Buy a rotisserie chicken and pick it clean. Split it in half. One night, make it into a BBQ chicken pizza (I make my dough and actually cook it in just a few minutes on my stone out on the grill, then put toppings on and finish it in the oven). The second night, put the remainder of the chicken into this Ina recipe http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/orzo-with-roasted-vegetables-recipe/index.html. It's HEAVENLY, makes an abundance and is loved by all, even the little guys learning to eat.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...