Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Small Steps Take You In A New Direction

Do you ever feel like you’re stuck in a rut?  There are things you want for your life, and you know how to make them happen, but you just can’t seem to move forward?  I feel like this a lot.  At my Monday class, our teacher often says, “small steps take you in a new direction.”  Isn’t that great?  I get stuck in an all or nothing mentality and it usually leaves me in the “nothing” camp.  I am adjusting to the fact that in this season of life, not much of me can be “all in.” 

I’ve stopped going to the gym because the classes I love just aren’t at times I can go.  A week ago I was convicted that I need to let go of my ideals and rigid plans and open my mind to new possibilities.  If I can’t go to the gym classes that I love, perhaps I can go and do something different.  Last night I went to the gym and got on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes.  That’s all.  And you know what I kept thinking, “small steps take you in a new direction.”  It’s wasn’t a hard core 1 hour workout, but it was what I can do now and although it was small, it moved me out of my rut!  Do you need to take a small step today?

 *I’m a little late, but check out the new recipe on the right – it’s SO good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...