Friday, April 22, 2011

Grateful For My Girls

It’s Grateful Heart Friday and this week my highlight has been my daughters. My little loves turn 5 tomorrow! I just can’t believe it. It seems like 5 is such a monumental age to turn. Maybe because they go to kindergarten when they turn 5. Or maybe it’s because they learn to read at 5 and ride a bike! It just seems like a permanent break from child to kid! I sure hope the innocence stays and the magical imagination!
      Emmie Girl, I’m grateful for your beautiful voice and the songs you make up all day long. You make me smile! I’m grateful for your artistic gift that makes our home beautiful. I’m grateful for your repentant heart that doesn’t sit well until you’ve said you’re sorry. I’m grateful for your spirit of leadership – I can’t wait to see what God does with that in your life! I’m grateful for your beautiful prayers at night. I’m grateful for extravagant imagination that takes you to amazing places with fantastic characters. I’m grateful for how much you love your teacher, school and learning. I’m grateful for your love of Jesus. Most of all Emmie, I’m grateful that you’re mine. I love you. Happy Birthday!
      Georgie Girl, I’m grateful for your long cuddles. I’m grateful for your nurturing heart that assures me that every doll and stuffed animal in our home is taken care of – I can’t wait to see how God uses your nurturing heart to love this world! I’m grateful for your goofy songs, stories and shows that make us all laugh! I’m grateful for your adventurous spirit. I’m grateful for your love of Jesus. I’m grateful for your energy that makes you run everywhere you go! I'm grateful for your new found passion for learning to read!  I’m grateful for your heart to welcome new people and include them in your world. Most of all Georgie Mouse, I’m grateful that I get to be your Mommy. I love you. Happy Birthday!
      Now it’s your turn – take a few moments to reflect on all the blessings from this past week and cultivate your grateful heart!
1. Include a photo of what you’re most grateful for from this past week.
2. Grab a Grateful Heart Button on the right and add it to your Grateful Heart post
3. Link up and be blessed as you share your gratitude with other and grow as you read about their week and let’s cultivate Grateful Hearts together on Friday!
 

5 comments:

  1. happy birthday beautiful girls!! you are loved!

    have a blessed birthday and easter weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how the time flies. Happy Birthday to those beautiful girls. :)

    Plus I can't wait until this Friday. I've missed Grateful Heart Fridays the last few weeks. Computer is now fixed ad problem solved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh I love your blog colors! And your verse. We are not our own...by any means! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what beautiful, loving words for your sweet girls. oh, the love of a mama! they are blessed
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful girls! And lucky to have you as a mommy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...