Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Last Impressions

Last night as I finished up some things before bed, I came across this little slumber party! For a moment I just stood there and looked at all the sleeping baby dolls, knowing that my baby dolls had gently laid them down, covered them up, and put them to bed. I remember as a child when my parents would put me to bed. My mom loved to tickle us and bed time was usually when we laughed the hardest. We’d say prayers and I remember demanding a kiss from both mom and dad. It’s the last moment we have with them in our day. It’s our face, our words, our touch – it’s the last thing they will remember before the next day starts. It’s our last impression. They say first impressions are the most important, but aren’t last impressions equally as important? What are we leaving them with at the end of the day? I have to admit, by the end of the day, I’m sometimes at the end of my rope! Sometimes I leave them with threats, “If you get out of your bed one more time…” But I love most to leave them with security, peace, and unconditional love. The last impression Jesus left with us before he ascended into heaven was ,”And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” –Matthew 28:20 Mark says His last impression was a blessing he gave his disciples. What is the last impression you leave on your children at the end of the day? Or your spouse? Or what is the last impression you leave on your friends as you part company? Words of comfort, encouragement, and blessing are wonderful last impressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...