Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Day in Space

This homeschooling adventure continues to surprise me with fun and goodtimes!
Who would have thought?
A few months back my girlfriend hosted my littles for A Medieval Day,
so now it was my turn to host A Day in Space!
I'm so thankful for Pintrist and all the creative folks that share their ideas - they make me look good!
 
I built a really fun star gazing fort with black table cloths and twinkle lights!
The kids looked at space books with flashlights (it was really dark in there) and then presented us with some facts on stars.
 
We made some constellation viewers
 
And created our own constellations out of marshmallows and pretzels
 
Then onto the moon!
I've always been so in awe of the moon, probably because my mom is.
She still will call me and say, "you have to go outside and look at the moon tonight!"
 
We paused for a little dance party -
checkout this song to C Lo Green's "Forget You"
It's awesome!
 
Then we painted our own moon phase chart
 
 
 
And a break for a little Rocket Fuel!
 
Some Meteorites for dessert
 
And probably their favorite - making moon craters!
 
We dropped different size balls, at different heights, into a pan filled with flour
to see how the craters of the moon were formed.
 
 
 
We ended with some Oreo moon phases!

A good, educational, time was had by all!!

2 comments:

  1. That is SUPER fun! I love reading all of your ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome! I'm definitely stealing several of these ideas. I've been doing a lot of supplemental education at home. I love Pinterest, too, for that reason :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...