Monday, September 17, 2012

Right Hand

 
I know my blogging has been sporadic over the past month.  I had grand visions of a Fall kick-off with a new look for my blog - but that didn't happen.  Truth is, my battle with anxiety has flared up and now I"m getting fully armed for the fight.  I have friends battling breast cancer right now and suffering with grief over the loss of a child, so my fight with anxiety doesn't really seem to compare.  But it's not about comparing.  We're all in a battle of some sort in our lives - it's actually something Jesus promised us - that's why He gave us His armor to suit up with for the fight.  One of the weapons I've been adding to my arsenal is scripture.  I've been focuses on verses of peace, strength and thoughts. 
 
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  Isaiah 41:10
 
When I read this I immediately thought of our breakfast picnic at the beach last week.  Of course everyone ended up in the water and Daddy Bear loves to swing the girls out over the water.  He holds them up with his strong right hand.
The image to me was clear that God loves us and holds us up when the raging waves of life crash beneath us.  He's strong enough to pick us up with one hand!
 
Rely on His strength today for whatever battle you're facing.  It doesn't matter if someoneelse's fight looks tougher than yours - God loves you the same and is strong enough to lift up all His children.

4 comments:

  1. Hi dear friend, another verse I love that my mom used to quote to me often as I'd have nightmares regularly. "For God has not given you a spirit of fear, but of POWER, and of LOVE, and of SOUND MIND." We are all in this together, Sister! Thanks to facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there and keep believing and praying Scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, my friend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...