Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving

Before I hurry up into December,
I wanted to highlight our Thanksgiving.
 
We went to Northern California to my in-laws'
 
The kids had a ton of fun making balloon creations!
 
I think my son has a future as a clown!
 
It was a beautiful, sunny day that we mostly spent outside.


As we sat at the dinner table, we did the traditional, "go around the table and say what you are thankful for," game.  Well, it's not really a game, more like a tear jerker with us! 
It is pretty amazing to sit at a table with all of my family - my brother, parents, in-laws, husband, children - everyone gets along so well and makes the drives from all different cities
 to be together for the holidays.
It's pretty special.
We've had several close friends lose loved ones in the past few weeks.
With that, my husband said, "I'm most thankful for this moment right now."
How true.
This very moment is something to treasure.
I said that I was most thankful for redemption.
Last year I lost a lot during my struggle with anxiety and this year God has been giving back what was taken from me.
It's been a beautiful year of redemption.
 
 Now as December has rolled in so quickly, I'm going to dig my heels in and fight every threat to rush through this month, busy with events, shopping and baking.
I'm going to discipline myself to keep a heart of thanksgiving and take time to treasure every moment.
How are you going to enjoy December and not miss it?

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking how BUSY this month will be! I started feeling very overwhelmed with all of the December events! We have 3 birthdays, plus Christmas, plus 4 Christmas parties...plus all the "normal" December stuff! AHHH!!! Thanks for the reminder to take it all in...to enjoy every party and event...one day at a time!

    Love you, my friend! I love the pictures of your family- so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...