Monday, July 1, 2013

Blueberry Muffins

With all of our berry treasures that we picked at the farm a few weeks ago, we've been baking up all sorts of goodies!
My favorite are the Blueberry Muffins.
I had a recipe that I've used for years and LOVE, but it calls for 2 cups of sugar!  So I went on a hunt to find a new one with less sugar - I just couldn't wrap my head around 2 cups!
I ended up combining a few to make up my own and it was a hit.
 
 
 
Mommy Girl's Blueberry Muffins
2c. flour
1 c. oats
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 egg

2 mashed bananas
1/2 c. melted butter
3/4 c. whole milk
1 c. coconut
1 1/2 c. fresh blueberries
cinnamon / sugar mixed for topping
 
Directions:
1.  preheat oven to 375
2.  combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
3.  in a separate bowl, beat egg, bananas, butter and milk until smooth
4.  add banana mixture to dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.
5.  fold in coconut
6.  fold in blueberries
7.  fill muffin cups 3/4 full and sprinkles some cinnamon and sugar on top.
Bake at 375 for 18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out dry in the center.
 
Happy Baking!!
 


1 comment:

  1. Those look amazing and sound delish! I had never thought of coconut in blueberry muffins, I will have to try sometime. I LOVE blueberry muffins!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...