Friday, December 2, 2011

Don't Miss A Moment

Last night we started our advent devotional. I had a hard time choosing one, so we ended up with two! One is very simple and I thought it was perfect for the stage we’re in with 3 littles. Last night we read:
God sent the angel Gabriel to a town called Nazareth. There, he gave a message to Mary, a pure, unmarried young girl. “Greetings, Mary! God has chosen you! You are going to have a baby boy named Jesus. He is God’s only Son!” Luke 1:26-32
The activity was to draw a picture of an angel for our Christmas tree. I said that Daddy would draw the angel and we all could color it together. As my husband drew an angel, the children gathered around him close to watch him draw. I sat and watched them and tears welled up in my eyes. I wanted to run and get my camera, but I didn’t want to miss a moment, so I stared long and hard, burning the image in my mind so no photograph was needed.
We all know that this season brings about a lot of rushing around and business. It gets hectic, crazy and exhausting. Let’s make a conscience decision to not miss a moment by being fully present – even without camera in hand!
Have a great weekend!
See you back here Monday for Intentional Family Traditions

3 comments:

  1. We started ours too and it went great. It didn't look like our daughter was engaging until we asked her questions and she answered correctly and offered up more. It was amazing to see how much she could understand. Can't wait for all 3 children to be talking about the devotional in a few yers. Loving that book you recommended and I even made all 25 ornaments! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got our devotional today. I can't wait to dig in this evening. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those "burned into your mind" images! They are too hard to describe in words, you don't wanna miss the moment by grabbing a camera, but you SO badly would love to share that moment with the rest of the world- if ONLY the world could feel the extreme joy you feel at that very moment!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...