Monday, January 10, 2011

New Addition

I love my daughters' art work.  Especially how they draw people!  I had an idea last week to ask my children to draw a family picture every year and see not only how their art skills develop, but also see how their view of our family develops.  Sometimes children draw their mommy as the biggest person because in their mind, Mommy is most important.  Some children draw themselves as the biggest, sometimes they omit certain family members!!!  And sometimes they throw in a few surprises.  The girls sat down last week for their first pass at the family portraits of 2011.  They made all the girls princesses and the boys princes!  When I took Emmie’s photo with her picture, the light picked up something that I hadn’t noticed – a little yellow baby.  A new addition to the family?  “Who is this?,” I asked her.  “That’s Jesus Mommy.  He’s a part of our family.”  “Yes, yes He is.  It’s perfect.”  Is Jesus in your family portrait?  Perhaps you need to make a new addition to the family in 2011!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love it!! So so cute. You have great long legs too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO sweet... I can picture trying this one day. I think when I was little I drew the legs connected to the head for a very long time. Your girls have highly developed drawing skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome! Reading this made me cry a little bit... so very sweet & innocent! "Suffer the little children to come unto Me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God!" (Mark 10:14) and "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." (Proverbs 22:6)... I hold onto these verses for my kids all the time.... your blog reminded me of God's greatness from the eyes of a child! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...