Wednesday, February 16, 2011

You're 2!!

Last night I rocked my one year old son for the last time because today he is 2! As I rocked him, per his request, “rocking chair Mommy, rocking chair,” I prayed for him as I do every night. I couldn’t hold back my tears. I don’t really know why, but this little child has captured my heart in a way that humbles me, blesses me and daily leaves me feeling – I can’t believe I get to be his Mommy. Lord Jesus, thank you for Macky Bear. Thank you for the gift of this child who is so full of life and has brought so much joy to our home. Thank you for his smiles and intense hugs and cuddles that tell me beyond a shadow of a doubt that he loves me. I pray that he would grow to know you and make you known. Anoint him to do your will. Protect him from the lies of the world. May he be known as a man after your heart, a man of purity and a man of integrity. But for now in his little 2 year old body, please continue to grow him healthy and strong. Grow in him a heart of gratitude and compassion. May he continue to bless everyone he meets with his smile and love. Thank you for my baby boy. Amen.
Happy Birthday Doodle. Moma loves you.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...