Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wind

Today I took my son to the park to play.  The sky is bright blue, the sun is warm, but the wind is very strong today.  As we made our way to the park I realized that the wind was making it rather cold outside.  For brief moments, when the wind died, it was warm and pleasant.  As we played on the swings, slides and rocky bridge, the wind kept forcing me to step into the sun and warm up.  I was thinking about the famous quote from Billy Graham, “I’ve seen the effects of the wind but I’ve never seen the wind.”  I believe he’s talking about not being able to actually see God, but we can see the effects of Him, or the evidence of Him all around us.  It’s so true that even the slightest breeze stirs evidence of it’s existence through rustling leaves, rolling balls or wind chimes.  I then thought of the Hebrew word for Spirit which is ruach – meaning wind.  In Greek it is pneume – also meaning wind or breath.  As I saw evidence of the wind all around me at the park and even felt it, I prayed that the Holy Spirit would fill me and blow through me like a mighty wind so that the presence of God in my life would be evident to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! Love reading your posts...always spiritually uplifting! LOVE it today on a more physical level... I'm FREEZING... so love reading about the warm sun and playing outside...It's like I'm living vicariously through you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...