Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Letter


I got a letter in the mail yesterday.
It was a Thank You note for what I assumed was a birthday gift I had sent.
But I was wrong.  It was a thank you for who I am.  I felt incredibly blessed.

And know what was even better? 
It held 3 pages of written words of why my sweet friend is so thankful for me. 

Tears welled up as I read through her words.
She started like this, "I've decided letter writing is a lost art and I'm bringing it back!  I've been inspired of recently to make expressing my gratitude to people in my life part of my lenten practice."  And she continued on to bless me with her words, to build me up and strengthen me.
Words are powerful.  They have the power to destroy and the power to heal. 
Words can be life giving and death.
"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth but only what is helpful for building up others according to their needs that it may benefit those who listen."  Ephesians 4:29

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful. I just mailed off 4 cards/letters today. First in a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Nessa, keep writing - people are blessed by it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...